GeoVerse Critical Minerals
The energy of the future
Lithium is considered to be a critical element for the energy transition and current sources are insufficient for anticipated demand. With the main sources of lithium held in only a handful of countries, the need for additional lithium production and alternative sources is growing.
Meeting lithium demand
Electric vehicles (EV) use a wide range of critical minerals, and lithium is a key ingredient. From 2016 to 2020, global lithium production increased by 116%. With the continued rise in EV sales and the reductions in battery costs, the demand for lithium is only going to increase.
Fully multidisciplinary integrated products provide unique solutions to the ever-growing energy demand.
Frontier Lithium Exploration
Two brand new products to support lithium exploration
CGG has released two unique lithium exploration focussed products, Palaeo-Salars and Geothermal Lithium Brines.
By combining state-of-the-art satellite imagery, machine learning and geoscience expertise, CGG's new Palaeo-Salars Lithium project looks to support the identification of new targets and increasingly sustainable recovery of this key metal.
Core Expertise provided by CGG's Satellite Mapping Team.
- Geological Mapping
- ASTER Alteration Mapping
- Drainage Analysis
- Data Integration and Target Generation
Palaeo-Salars deliverables include:
- Key databases in ArcGIS and GeoVerse database formats
- Enhanced geological map layers
- Morphometric analysis
- Inventory and risking of candidate palaeo-salar sites
Geothermal Lithium Brines
A new multi-client product consisting of an extensive water geochemistry database to facilitate global screening for geothermally associated lithium and other critical minerals. The richly attributed database allows for the identification of characteristics that may promote project development and inform investment decisions.
Multi-facetted approach to supporting new and sustainable sources of Lithium
- Global database: Water chemistry, power plants, flow rates.
- Data conditioning and quality checking across all datasets.
- Mapping geothermal sites worldwide
Geothermal Lithium deliverables include:
- Fully attributed spatial map packages in industry standard GIS formats
- Comprehensive global water chemistry datasets
- Project report providing supportive information on lithium source to sink and data reviews
Not found what you're looking for?
Head on over to the data library to see our full global data coverage. Here you can interact with the data and enquire for a virtual demonstration.
Get in touch
Ready to schedule a virtual demonstration? Get in contact us with and one of our GeoVerse representatives will be in touch.